Introducing ZIP files has made each and every bit of your work easier. It is a non-documented archive file format used to compress text files, multimedia files and documents with Advance Encryption Standards techniques. It provides great security for the data against harmful viruses and gives protection to these files while transferring over internet. Due to this most of the users prefer to make use of this ZIP files and make work convenient as much as possible
But sometimes you will come across some error while extracting zip file stating, “No files to extract ZIP file error”, “Unexpected end of archive” and many more. This type of file extraction errors shows that the ZIP file is corrupt or damaged. But ZIP file corruption is not just one file corruption, it actually restricts you from accessing all files that were compressed and archived in it. So can anyone help me out to fix extraction error in ZIP Files?First don’t panic, you can fix zip file extraction error by using zip repair tool, where this tool scans your entire zip files which are corrupt or damaged and extracts data from it in simple way.
Common scenarios where ZIP repair tool are used:
- One of the main reasons for ZIP file corruption is CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) error. Mostly in this error the data does not match between the time when the ZIP file was created and when it’s unzipped.
- Improper shutdown: When you try to shut down your system if ZIP file are opened, then your system displays a message ’one program need to be closed’. If you ignore this message and continue to shut down your system, then the ZIP file which was opened may get damaged or corrupted and refuse to open.
- Bad sector: ZIP files may be corrupted or damaged when it is saved on a hard drive that contains bad sectors. As a result, some of the contents present in it become inaccessible, similarly if you save or extract information from a ZIP file stored on a disk which contains error, in this situation you may lose data due to write operation error.
- Improper closing: After completion of your work, it is necessary to close ZIP file using “Exit” option. Instead of that if you close it directly then there are chances for ZIP file to get corrupt
- Changing file extension: Sometimes change in file extension can cause ZIP file corruption. As a result the contents of the ZIP file become inaccessible. File extensions can also get changed due to third party application.